Rice pudding is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that promises to impress you and your guests.
Just boil your milk add rice, sugar, and saffron, cook until milk reduces, and make a thick, rich pudding. top with nuts and you have got your delicious bowl of happiness.
Try our recipe for rice pudding if you are looking for an easy and delicious way to prepare it.
Making rice pudding is super easy but following the right tips will make this rice dessert even better. Whether enjoyed warm or chilled, this dessert is a pure indulgence.
What is Rice Pudding
Rice pudding is a creamy, comforting, and downright delicious dessert. Made with rice, milk, sugar, saffron, and cardamom powder, and topped with nuts.
Whether known by arroz con leche in Latin America or Kheer in South Asia what exactly is rice pudding? the rice pudding.
What Does Rice Pudding Taste Like
Rice pudding is a classic comfort dessert. As you take your first spoon you will feel velvety, rich, smooth, grainy, and slightly sticky, thanks to the well-cooked rice grains.
The rice provides a subtle chewiness that melds perfectly with the creamy base. It also has a crunchy texure due to nuts.
The sweetness is perfectly balanced – not too sugary, allowing the natural richness of the ingredients to shine.
So, whether you’re savoring a spoonful on a chilly evening or relishing it as a sweet escape, rice pudding is a culinary journey worth taking.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
- This recipe is very easy and made with just simple ingredients.
- It’s a one-pot recipe, so it is also best if you want an effortless dessert.
- It is comforting and satisfying.
- You can serve it warm or cold.
- This dessert is best any time of year whether it’s a family gathering, holiday, or after a meal.
How To Make Rice Pudding
Making rice pudding is very easy. You have to follow just a few steps and you will make this delicious rice pudding.
Ingredients of Making Rice Pudding
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice
- 10 pieces of chopped cashews
- 10 to 12 pieces of raisins
- 8 to 10 pieces of chopped pistachios
- 10 strand Saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
Direction of Making Rice Pudding
Follow these steps for a delicious rice pudding:
Firstly, wash your rice and give it a good soak. Meanwhile, grab a pan and heat it on a high flame. Once it’s sizzling, pour all the milk and let it come to a gentle boil. Now, add the soaked rice, give it a good stir, and let it simmer on low flame for 45 to 50 minutes.
As the rice soaks up half the milk, keep stirring continuously to prevent any sticky situations in your pan. Once the rice is cooked to perfection, it’s time to add a touch of luxury. Add saffron to the boiling rice and sugar. Let it cook together on low flame for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring all the while.
Now, the real stars of the show – cashews, almonds, raisins, pistachios, and a hint of cardamom powder. Add all the nuts into the pudding and stir for another 5 to 10 minutes on low flame until the rice pudding changes color. Turn off the flame, and voila – your Creamy Saffron Rice Pudding is ready to steal the of your friends and family.
Serve it up with a generous sprinkle of chopped dry fruits and an extra pinch of saffron. You can enjoy it warm or chilled. For a refreshing chill, refrigerate the pudding for 2-3 hours before serving.
How To Serve Rice Pudding
Start by presenting it in bowls or vintage dessert glasses for a touch of style.
Sprinkle a dash of ground cardamom powder that gives a visual presentation. You can also pair it with berry compote, which will give a fresh fruity touch.
If you want something warm and earthy, add cinnamon or nutmeg powder. For more sweetness drizzle some maple syrup or honey.
For an extra layer of indulgence, add freshly chopped nuts like almonds, raisins, and cashews.
Whether served warm or chilled, these simple tips turn your humble rice pudding into a dessert masterpiece.
How To Store Rice Pudding
- For best storage, make sure your rice pudding is at room temperature.
- Put all the mixture in an airtight container to keep your rice pudding fresh. Avoid containers that allow too much air inside – we want to keep that moisture locked in!
- Don’t let your rice pudding hang out at room temperature for too long. Pop it into the fridge within two hours of making or serving.
- If you’ve made a big batch and plan on indulging in it over a few days, consider dividing it into smaller portions before storing it.
- Just remember to store topping separately if possible. Toppings can get a bit soggy when stored with the pudding, so keep them in a separate container until you’re ready to dive in.
Can I Freeze Rice Pudding
While rice pudding can be refrigerated for a few days, freezing is not the best option.
The texture tends to change, and it might not be as luscious when thawed.
How To Reheat Rice Pudding
When you’re ready to enjoy your stored rice pudding, a quick trip to the microwave is all it needs.
Reheat it in short intervals, stirring in between, to maintain that smooth, velvety texture.
How Long It Last Once Cooked
In general, cooked rice pudding can last in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days.
If you have any doubts about its freshness, be sure to check for any signs of spoilage, such as off smells or changes in color or texture, before consuming.
If you plan to store it for a longer period then freezing is the best option where it can last for up to 1-2 months.
But keep in mind that freezing is not best for rice pudding as it may lose its test and texure.
Related post: Cannoli, Taste, Recipe, Serving, and Storing
1 litre milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice
10 pieces of chopped cashews
10 to 12 pieces of raisins
8 to 10 pieces of chopped pistachios
10 strand Saffron
1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- Gather all required ingredients
- Follow all steps and make rice pudding at your home
- Enjoy your favorite dessert